Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Distressed!

My marathon finish! So here is a horrible photo of me finishing the marathon. I think it is somewhat funny that photographers stand around to capture this amazing moment and you feel like and look like sh*t. I post this anyway because I am proud. I am also distressed. Last night was the first track practice that we have had since the marathon. In the past week and a half, I haven't even touched my wonderful Brooks running shoes. So I strapped them on last night and headed to practice with Nina, the dog, in tow. I get there and my muscles felt a little sore from the walk up 6th street to Balboa park. Practice starts and it's an easy 20 minute jog leading into 100 yard strides. I begin to run....and then.....I begin to limp.....and then.....I begin to walk. My legs felt as if I was back on mile 26, with .2 miles left to finish. I couldn't believe it. Everyone else seemed fine except me. Pretty sad, when every single older runner and slower runner/speed walker laps you multiple times during a 20 minute jog. I seriously felt like crumbling, but I endured the best that I could and when practice was over, I trekked home letting Nina pull and guide me the entire way. Hopefully the nice hour long sports massage that I'm getting on Friday will remedy my aches and pains. Cross your fingers for me.

1 comment:

  1. I think you look fantastic! You just knocked out 26.2 miles! You should be grateful you're not drooling!

    ReplyDelete