I love this photo. I think it gives all of you non-marathoners a sense of how massive this race actually is. This is the starting line of the race. About 20,000 people are lining 6th street ready to run 26.2 miles. That is amazing! I am proud to say that I am one of those little specks in the middle of this picture. I did finish the race and I am very happy about my accomplishment. This was a goal that I had hoped to attain this year. I'm 30 and I finished the marathon in 4 hours and 48 minutes. Not too shabby. Rich did an amazing job this year. 3:40; an 8 minute improvement from last year. I'm really proud of him. I also have to give props to Terrell. He paced the 4:15 group. His speedy legs brought him in a little under the estimated time though, 4:11. I'm sure those following him were actually happy to be going faster than they expected. I also have to note that Erica and Christina were amazing and I'm really proud of them and all of the training that we have done this year. I couldn't have completed the race without Erica's support and encouragement the last 10 miles. Well, I will probably have some more marathon photos to post soon. So stay tuned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You guys rock! Mercedes, I'm so proud of you! :)
ReplyDelete