
So, I watched a very interesting soap opera on Friday and sometimes I just get so aggravated by how silly and naive the characters are. I just had to give you my two cents about this story line. This show involved a love triangle between Gigi, Ben, and Kim. The two girls are in love with Ben and Ben is playing them both. He feeds them each lies and neither can see beyond his words. It's so aggravating to watch this show. Both women are beautiful and smart. They deserve to know the truth and make decisions that are right for them. Instead they listen to Ben scramble his way around situations. You know, I sort of don't blame Ben because he is getting to date two very different fantastic women and why should he want to stop. My blame is pretty much equal for all three people. Kim and Gigi are aware of each other and their gut instincts tell them that there is a conflict and trust issues with Ben, however they don't listen to their heads and gut. Instead, like usual they are being sappy heart struck women and Ben is taking advantage. This show sucks you in because you really like the characters, however the plot just stinks and I wish everyone would just wizen up. Worst of all this story line has been on going for months and months. Hopefully the show will make some decisions soon and give these characters better lives.
Interesting, you know what they say, life imitates art. I think this sad story is unfortunately all too common and these two women will more than likely ALWAYS have this issue. Sometimes it's easier to stay with the "broken" person or relationship than to go with the alternative. Unless of course, the writers fix everyting and make it better.
ReplyDeleteI think you are correct, sort of. As women we tend to feel so much and dream that someday we will meet "prince charming". In fact, it's sort of sad that our culture has raised girls for decades believing that true love will lead to utter happiness, when we should be teaching girls that they can make themselves happy and boys don't always have to complete the picture. A good man is just icing on the cake. Anyway, I think women tend to stay with the "broken" person in hopes that they will change or become fixed. Unfortunately (speaking from experience) people don't truly change in the massive ways that we wish they would. I stayed with a "broken" for too long and missed many great opportunities. Hopefully Gigi and Kim won't do the same. Both deserve better than what they currently have been offered. They also need to realize that they can control their lives and make it so much happier and that Ben is that sticky sweet super sugary icing that makes you ill after you are done eating it.
ReplyDeleteWhat show was that? That picture is from NBC soap "Passions".
ReplyDeleteBen probably got the "magic stick" and neither Gigi or Kim can ever really collect their thoughts!
Ben sucks... ASS!
ReplyDeleteBen sucks ass.
ReplyDelete