Monday, June 27, 2005

Universal Studios Critique

Rich and I went to LA for the weekend. I had a JET meeting on Saturday. It was pretty informative. I think reality also set in that I am leaving in less than a month for a foreign country. Scary. Anyway, we ended up going to Universal Studios on Sunday. I had never been before and was pretty excited about going because I love amusement parks, especially the rides. It was actually a very nice day if you subtract the annoying smog factor that looms in the sky on the horizon in LA. Universal is a functioning studio that has rides and many quick shows that are based upon movies that they have made. I must say that if you ever go, you must take the studio tour. It is very nice and basically the entire reason that you visit the park. I liked it. As for the other attractions, I give the Jurassic Park water ride, the Terminator 3D show, and the Back to the Future Rides two thumbs up. Each were fun and the scenario build up to the actual ride were pretty creative. I will say that I was highly disappointed with the only roller coaster ride in the park. I love coasters and I sort of wanted the Revenge of the Mummy roller coaster ride to be my last ride, because I just knew that I would love it. We stood in line and drank our beers for about 50 minutes. The props and scenery leading up to the coaster got me really excited; very well done. Then the Egyptian dressed ride attendants helped us onto the coaster. The ride started off well with some nice images and a few surprising turns in the dark. Then it just abruptly ended after about only 20 seconds. I couldn't believe it. I expected so much more. It was the shortest coaster ride I've ever been on in my entire life. I felt so robbed of my time and disappointed. So overall, I liked Universal Studios and I had a great time, however don't invest a lot of hope and future enjoyment in the only coaster that they have, Revenge of the Mummy. Pictures of Rich and I at the park will be posted in the near future.

Courtesy of Universal Studios Posted by Hello

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the JET progam! You'll be enriching the lives of many many people while getting the chance to explore and learn about a very very different culture! Everyone should get such a fine opportunity! Congrats on your marathon finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mr. Word. I appreciate the encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete