
So I'm definitely going after much deliberation. I initially applied to the JET program for 3 main reasons: 1) My grandmother is Japanese and I've always wanted to experience her culture. 2) I've dreamed of traveling to exotic foreign places and moving to Japan would be a great launching pad for discovering that part of the world. 3) Bush won the 2004 election. Yes, you've got it right, I was planning on leaving the country b/c the US is stupid (I don't use that bad word often, so you know that I mean it) for re-electing that red neck. I considered just trying to cross the border and live in Canada, however I know that I couldn't deal with the ridiculously cold temperatures. So 2 and a half weeks before the JET deadline of 12/1/04; and after the election, I decided that I would see if I could get accepted into the program. I scrambled to put together a packet with references and and an essay before the deadline and voila....here I am; preparing to go live a year in Japan. I can't believe it! Some thought that I was a "hippie" for moving to California, I wonder what they will say about me now????
It's godzira!!!!!
ReplyDelete