
For all of my knitting friends out there here is a photo of my latest scarf. I bought some fuzzy bling bling in America and once I got into the scarf in Japan, I realized that I didn't have enough bling for the entire scarf. So I opted to just add the bling to the ends of the scarf. I kind of like it that way now. It's not all fuzzy around the neck. My next project are some pillow covers for my drab couch. It has been interesting buying yarn here. It comes in much smaller bunches and I can't read the labels. I go by how the yarn feels. I'll post my pillows as soon as I am done with them.
One quick note, sorry that I haven't posted in awhile. I am suppose to have internet up and running by the end of next weekend; the 22nd. The internet cafe is definitely helpful, but I have to plan my trips here around errands and work. I also begin my intensive Japanese class today. I will try to post as soon as I have time. I've got some funny photos of me in Osaka. I went clubbing with Amy and Amanda, so the photos reflect a journey of us through the streets in the middle of the night/morning.
I miss you all and I wish many of you were here with me on my adventure.
I love your bling scarf! And I can't wait to see your pillows. Still working on my kyoto sweater...
ReplyDeleteYou are such a natural improviser! My "modifications" are still coming out mostly wonky. Congrats on finding a local supply of yarn, though. Can't wait to see your next project pics :-) It sounds like you are having a great time!
ReplyDeleteWow, I HAVE to come and visit now! Looking at all your pictures is making me want to be there too! Nice scarf, you ARE a natural. I am impressed with your skills and all you ladies are motivating me to knit, though I'm not sure I should take on another project with jewelry making and painting...I can hardly keep up with those. I am glad you are having such a great time. (Hint: if you didn't know, look at my posted name spelled backwards)
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute scarf! You are a knitter after our own hearts, with the improvising! I seem to improvise with each project, though not always by choice! ;) I can't wait to see your upcoming projects and Japanese yarn! Way to go!
ReplyDeleteI love your scarf! It is a very interesting picture...a chic black scarf on a Japanese Tatami mat...Hmmm, East meets West.
ReplyDeleteI had to improvise with the scarf, I had no idea what else to do. I love it Yuko, East meets West. Funny. I hope some of you can plan a time to come visit me. I'd love to have you. Please consider it. Anytime is good. Hey, or you could come to Thailand in winter. That would be fun also.
ReplyDeleteSaw there was an earthquake over in the motherland... just sendin' my love out to ya! And nice scarf... pretty pretty just like me.
ReplyDeleteHi Mercedes,
ReplyDeleteYou have now become a knitting guru... I'm impressed! While I don't know jack about knitting, I think the scarf you made looks pretty cool.
Can't wait to see the rest of your pics from your adventures... Hope you're doing well.