Thursday, August 04, 2005

Negoro Temple


Last Friday, Sean and I biked up to Negoro Temple. Sean is a returning ALT (Assistant Language Teacher) that lives in the next town. It was really nice of him to take me to see some sights, especially since I am still learning my way around. Negoro is a very important temple and considered a national treasure. Supposedly in the spring there is a huge cherry blossom festival held on the temple grounds. It is suppose to be beautiful. I was very impressed with the temple and would have loved to photograph the inside. Photography inside both the temple and the shrine are absolutely prohibited. The artifacts in both were incredibly large and beautiful. The ceiling of the shrine had the most wonderful paintings on it. The temple grounds had a couple of water spouts that were dragons; pictured left. They were really cool and ornate. Click here and here to see photos from my journey to the temple.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:03 AM

    Dearest Mercedes, your pics are so nice and you are missed by many back home! Baby Noah is big, cute and beautiful and Makayla is still a little skinny whinny and talkative. I'm so glad that you are experiencing so many wonderful things in Japan. Rich's hands will be very calloused by the time you get back!Pig out on the best sushi in the world while your out there and consume some for me too!Love ya lots. By the way, who are fu__ing weirdos writing in? Some people got too much time on their hands! love ya, the gordon gang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear from you. Thanks for the comment. I have been eating a lot of sushi, but it's oh so yummy. You must send me photos of the kids. Rich has my personal e-mail. Get it from him. I know, I have some crazies that post comments. I don't understand why they feel the need to make a nice positive blog so unpleasant. I try to delete them when I have a chance. Thanks for reading. Miss ya'll.

    ReplyDelete