Saturday, August 27, 2005

New Zealand calls!


Amy left this past Tuesday. She is returning to New Zealand. For those that don't know, Amy was my predecessor. I was very fortunate to have Amy here for the past month. Typically when a new JET arrives, their predecessor is usually gone. However Amy came late her first year, so her departure date was also later than most of the other JETS. Amy saved me so much frustration and lonliness. She showed me so many things that easily would have taken me months to figure out on my own. She also took me into her circle of friends. I really appreciated that because moving to a new country where you don't know anyone is hard. I totally expected to be alone and it was nice to not be. I really only have known Amy for a month, but regardless of the short amount of time, I felt very close to her. I liked poking fun at her really cool accent and the little things she did that were funny. She truly had acquired some very Japanese habits (pointing at her nose, when talking about herself). I was definitely sad to see her go, but I know that she is off on another adventure and that we will keep in touch. Thank you Amy for everything! Pictured above is our supervisor, Nishiura-san, Amy, and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment