Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Views of Wakayama City


Sorry about the layout and so much wasted space. These are five random views of Wakayama City. Wakayama City is the biggest city closest to me. It takes me about 15-20 minutes by train. Iwade is actually going to become a city sometime next year, however we don't have the large buildings and mass tightness of a large city. Iwade is large, but spread out. It just now has enough people to get named a city. So it's a small city. Wakayama city has lots of shopping; crazy shopping by the way, a Louis Vutton store and a Coach store crammed right next to each other. Japanese love the labels. Wakayama City also has a castle. It's on a hill in the third photo from the top. If you click on the photo it will give you a close up. The castle is on the left side of the photo surrounded by green. I took these pictures from the top of Big Ai. It's where our JET conferences for our prefecture are held. I think we were about 10 stories up. Notice how green everything is. It's hot and humid here and back home in the south, all vegetation would be brown and dry this time of year. Not here! The green on the ground is most likely rice. It is planted in every spare lot. Sometime in September they will harvest it. It grows up like a weed. Also notice the nice large mountains everywhere. That is pretty much the landscape.


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:07 AM

    There's something calming about rice fields. That vibrant green just grabs you and says, "relax... what's your hurry... have some rice..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:51 PM

    Nice pics Mercedes....

    I thought those fields were grass at first... I was thinking.. 'man... they really like their parks... but no trees'... lol..

    Good job with the blog... I ckeck in with you everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:03 PM

    Hey, Mercedes. Finally getting around to checking out your blog. Looks nice. I've stuck my own link here at the bottom so that you can check mine with a bit more facility. Are you planning on coming out this direction this weekend to chill with Zack? send me an email or something.
    Later,
    Ches
    www.livejournal.com/users/whitmanschild

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:29 AM

    Hey Mercedes
    I gotta say welcome once again to the Wakayama JR Line crew. I hope there'll be more contact with you end this year!

    Stu
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/leafsfan_28/
    http://www.stu-oakley.com

    ReplyDelete