
As promised, here are some more photos of my adventures in Tokyo. This batch is in four sets. I apologize. The first photos are left over shots of Tokyo and one of me and Elena from SOCAL. The other photos are of the new people in Wakayama Prefecture that arrived the same time that I did. A dozen more are arriving this week. The people in the photos are living in different towns around me. Some are a 10 minute train ride away while others are hours away. Click here to see the first batch of photos. We went to an izikia (sp?) and had dinner family style. Good food. There was a great big lazy susan in the middle of the table that the food spun around on. Then after we finished eating, the karyoke began. They actually had the entire setup in the room with us. We were in a little private dining area of our own. Most of the restaurant was set up like that. It seems to be very common. Click here to see images of that. After the karyoke, we traveled to an English pub. They served Guiness but no cider. What a shame. Then we were off to a small hole in the wall club that was playing some very good dance music. Im not really sure how we even found the place. We basically took over the place. No one else was in there besides our group. Click here for those images. Click here to see more from those places plus the promised salaryman sleeping on the street photo.
Good pics Mercedes... looks like there were some crazy times being had there... I'm jealous!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment. Surprisingly I wasnt too hung over the next day. We were out until 4 and then had to be ready to leave the hotel for the airport by 9. It was fun.
ReplyDeleteIzakaya
ReplyDeletehttp://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2036.html
I have a fever......and the perscription is LESS CLEVAGE!!
ReplyDeleteSo are you and Rich not together anymore? So you wouldn't mind if I went for him?
ReplyDeleteAhkmed and I want to know abour your running. You run from Oklahoma to Texas to California (where you take up running in marathons!) to Japan. Leaving a wake of broken relationships no doubt. Men and dogs.... And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it . Mercedes what are you running from?
ReplyDeleteWe pray for you to find peace, and good expresso in Japan. Do they have coffee where you are?? Things would be better if it were so?
You've got some interesting comments on your post! I loved the pics of passionate karaoke singing, cute toilet seats, and the drunk salaryman. Looks like you're having a blast!
ReplyDeleteYay Mercedes! I'm jealous because I wish I was there with you. Sounds like a blast. Now I am thinking of applying again...though maybe I need to stop running away (by the way, I don't think that YOU are running away from anything, just experiencing what you should!) Thanks for keeping us posted! I miss you.
ReplyDeleteYes I agree Susan, I have been receiving some interesting comments. Funny, I don't even know who some of these people are. In response to Curious' comment, you obviously aren't a close fried, because everyone knows that Rich and I are still together. We are going to do our best to make a long distance relationship work. So far we are OK and realize that we miss each other a lot. Sorry "Curious" he is still taken.
ReplyDeleteso it would be ok for me to do a little necking with Rich? Wow! You two have quite the open relationship!
ReplyDeleteI don't care if you and Rich are together or not, I'd still like to nail that tight ass of his!
ReplyDeleteAre you really in Japan?? Your photos could have been taken in any LA or SF China town area. Maybe this is all one big scam???
ReplyDeleteAlso most of your photos are lifeless and lacking depth and texture. You should take some lessons from your mother........
What is with you people and you know who you are if you don't have something nice to say get your own damn blog you can be as pissy negative and boring as you want.
ReplyDeleteHey Mercedes! Those pictures are great...looks like you are having a lot of fun! We miss you here, but it's nice to see that you aren't sitting around bored over there. Take care!
ReplyDeleteHey Girl. I am so Jealous. This whole thing you get to experience is great. You are the best and "F" anyone who doesn't get you or what your doing. As for the people trying to hurt or get a rise, it takes more energy being negative then to let it go.
ReplyDelete