Friday, September 09, 2005

Getting Naked for Hannah!



This week was Hannah's 23rd birthday. She wanted to go to a local onsen. For those that don't know, an onsen is a public bath. Basically you go in and get naked. You then walk (naked, holding only your wash towel) into the shower room and take a very thourough shower while sitting on a stool. Everyone is able to view you shower. OK boys, I must now say that the baths are seperated by sex, so you don't get to see any women naked. So after your very thourough shower, you then can hop into a bath. This particular onsen is supplied with hot spring water. It also has an outdoor bath. It was very hot and very relaxing. I got over the "being naked in front of others" in about 3 minutes. You just have to and also everyone else is naked, so what's the big deal. I would highly recommend that everyone go to an onsen and try it at least once. I think that you will enjoy it. After the onsen, we stopped off and had a beer at the brewery next door. Cheers to Hannah's birthday and cheers to being really relaxed and clean. Click here for wacky photos of the onsen grounds and the brewery (of course there aren't any nude photos).

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:06 AM

    Onsens are one of the best ideas in the history of man! Try out all the different ones, some have various mineral baths, and some are set up with the most extraordinary views... kairitai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:43 PM

    The lucky cat with the man's face cracked me up! If I don't end up in Maui for spring break next year, I just might come visit you (or wait until summer)...I'll keep you posted :)

    ReplyDelete