This past weekend, I aquired a few more new friends. Pictured to the right are Callum and Gemma. They are from the UK. I seem to be meeting a lot of JETS from the UK. There are at least 4 in neighboring towns. These two are really cool. Gemma is pure entertainment, whereas Callum is more reserved. This evening involved dinner, drinking, and kareoke. I swear that I will never get use to the kareoke. I get complete stage fright anytime I try to sing. My heart beats fast and I get all sweaty. It's horrible. On this evening I tried to sing a No Doubt song and basically let the music just play out. I couldn't do it and there were only 8 people in the room. I think from now on, I will just be a very good observer. That suits my comfort level.
Tuesday, September 06, 2005
More new friends
This past weekend, I aquired a few more new friends. Pictured to the right are Callum and Gemma. They are from the UK. I seem to be meeting a lot of JETS from the UK. There are at least 4 in neighboring towns. These two are really cool. Gemma is pure entertainment, whereas Callum is more reserved. This evening involved dinner, drinking, and kareoke. I swear that I will never get use to the kareoke. I get complete stage fright anytime I try to sing. My heart beats fast and I get all sweaty. It's horrible. On this evening I tried to sing a No Doubt song and basically let the music just play out. I couldn't do it and there were only 8 people in the room. I think from now on, I will just be a very good observer. That suits my comfort level.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can still hear your okie-accent in your typing!! KARIE-OKIE! HA! And all you need is a lil' more drink. Just a lil' liquid courage and you'll be well on your way to stardumb... ba dumpa dump dum...
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately I did have a lot to drink that night and it still didn't help. I was shooting them back in hopes that I would sing. I had a huge hangover on Sunday.
ReplyDeleteTry it sober! If you throw in a lot of, "uuhhh yeaahhhh"'s in there, people will think you're a pro! My guitar sensei asked if I'd sing with his band as a guest appearance sometime... I'll try the "uuhhh yeaahhh"'s and let you know if I'm right. Unless I chicken out, then I'll just do the Uhhh yeahhh's all by myself. Take care way over-there!
ReplyDelete