Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Akebi....I think not!

So today I visited Negoro Elementary School again. I really like going there. Last time I took photos of the girls on the unicycles. This time they amused me with many other things. Apologies for the photo quality; cell phone camera again. Pictured above is a graduation monument of some sort. It's in the middle of their courtyard. Very interesting. Wish I had some paper and a pencil to do a rubbing.
Ahh akebi, pictured above. There was a box of fruit sitting on the counter in the teacher's room. The fruit was pomegranets and akebi. Akebi fruit looks like a venus fly trap plant. Those teeth like things are really seeds. You scoop out the goo in the middle and spit out the seeds. It's a snack. They offered me one and I said to the teacher, "You first". She declined because it wasn't ripe. Then why in the world would I want to eat it. Sure, pawn it off on the silly giajin girl.
Negoro also has this really white looking bird. Not really sure what it is, but it is a Chinese bird. I believe it was given to the school as a gift. It's in a big cage in the courtyard near the monument.
This is a group of kids that I played with today. I love going to this school because they give me break time at the exact same time as the student's recess. I use the time to play. I taught this group red light/green light. I didn't teach them the words, but they caught on to the game quickly. They also started making up new rules to the game that I really didn't follow. The kid in the blue hat (center), then started being a bossy leader. He lined us all up and was telling everyone (including me) what to do. It was funny. They remembered from my self introduction that I liked to run, so we played a racing game. The teachers think I'm great because I smile really big and have a lot of fun with the kids. Who doesn't enjoy recess though???

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:39 AM

    Those kids are so Kawaii I knew they would love you. I will see so very soon, and yes I am first to post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:46 PM

    So cute! And how fun that you get to play games with them at recess. You're probably their favorite teacher- kids love the fun teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:42 PM

    Recess was always my favorite time at school. :o) I can totally see you out there playing with all the kids nad it's no surprise to me that you're popular with them.

    I've got my suitcase out now and I'm looking around for things to pack... it's getting close!

    See you soon.

    You suck Richard! ;o)

    ReplyDelete