
OK, I realize that Halloween is on the 31st of October, but the people here in my town must have thought it was on the first. Today, October 1, I attended a Halloween party for kids. I think that I was invited to provide a little ethnic flavor. I really just hung out and had fun with the kids for 4 hours. There was about 30 kids ranging from 3rd grade to 8th grade. They seemed really excited too when I walked in the door; celebrity status I'm telling you. Anyway the party involved making balloon spiders (pictured above) and cooking Halloween treats. We then got to eat some of the treats and work on some fun Halloween puzzles. I had a good time and the kids are so totemo ("mecha" for those of you that speak Kansai-ben) kawaii. FYI; I did make one of those giant spiders but decided it would be too hilarious and dangerous to try to get it home on my bike, so I gave it away to a sweet little girl that didn't make one. The image of me with it on my bike is really funny though. Maybe I would have done it if someone were to take a photo.

Group shot. Enjoying Halloween goodies. I did pass out American candy; Twizzlers, Whoppers, Kit-Kats, and Milk Duds. I picked them up on base last week. The were a huge hit.

Baking pumpkin pies. They were pretty neat little pies. They decorated the tops of them to make them look like jack-o-lanterns. I also liked the aprons and handkerchiefs tying their hair back. Happy Early Halloween!
Looks like that was a good time for sure Mercedes.
ReplyDeleteGood job at spreading the American culture!
Can't wait to see you!
Ugh - that balloon spider gives me the heebie-geebies! But that would've been a hilarious picture, of you and a spider on your bike :)
ReplyDelete