Sunday, October 16, 2005

Vending Machines



I think that I have mentioned the numerous vending machines here in Japan. I don't believe though that I've ever posted pictures of them. Well here they are. I took these two photos of the alcohol vending machines. I like the fact that one says, "Liquor Shop". It's products are mostly different beers. The other machine is a sake machine. I hadn't seen one of those until recently. These machines are available all over the place and no one monitors to see if children are purchasing beer. I guess there hasn't been a problem with under age drinking. Some of the alcohol machines turn themselves off around 11 PM. I have no idea what time they come back on though. I guess that's a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:10 PM

    I could use an ichiban shibori about now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:00 AM

    So since they sell the beer and sake from vending machines, do they care about you drinking on the street? Are there certain rules about where you can drink like in the US? I can't imagine those machines here... We'd have drunken children all over and parents yelling at vendors for letting their kids get drunk. Must be the Japanese take more parental responsibility than over here. My rant is done now... I like the machines.

    ReplyDelete