Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Kobe Beef in Kobe

One thing that I wanted to do in Japan was to eat Kobe beef in Kobe. I love beef! Well I have now done it! Kobe beef is touted as being the most wonderful beef in the whole wide world. I would have to agree with that statement. Rich, Scott, and myself went to Kobe and had steak for lunch. That's really the way to do it. The portion was the same size as the dinner set, however the price was almost half at lunch. We stumbled across this great restaurant and surprisingly the chef spoke very good english. He studied in Seattle. He was kind enough to take a picture with us. Here is our beef! My portion is the filet on the back right corner.
It was really cool. Our chef cooked our entire meal right in front of us. Nice view of the beef. He trimmed away what little fat was on the steaks and then grilled it all up. He then served us the grilled fat pieces. I typically hate the fat and was skeptical. However it was amazing! Who knew fat could be such a good thing. Our meal included a nice pumpkin soup, garden salad, grilled veggies and tofu, beef, coffee, and dessert. It was a great deal. I think I will go back and eat there again next time I'm in Kobe.
Here is the after lunch photo. I told the boys to turn so that I could have a photo of them under the tori. They both immediately turned and rubbed their bellies to indicate how stuffed they were from lunch.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:13 PM

    Looks like I will have to come visit after March 22nd...that is when my Winter quarter ends. So maybe the last week in March?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That totally made me hungry! Unfortunately, my spring break doesn't coordinate with Nicole's - will you still be there during the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I will be here in the summer. I think I may have spring break time at the end of March also. Not really sure though. Sometimes I still have to work, even though school is out. Plan your trips around weekends if possible, so I don't have to miss so much work. I only get 20 days a year. Let me know dates when you get them. Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete