
Tomorrow I'm off to the Sapporo Snow Festival. Click
here for my previous post on this topic. I'm so excited. It is bound to be very cold though and those of you that know me well know that I don't like to be cold. Really, cold is OK if it's on a short trip that involves some sort of cold winter activity. No better excuse to be cold then to see snow and ice sculptures.

Well to my surprise I awoke to, yuki ga furu. It was snowing big fat flakes (the kind you imagine falling in a perfect snow scene in a movie). There was so much snow it was as bad as a rain down pour and I had to cycle with my umbrella in my hand. I was covered in snow by the time I reached school. I thought I'd share some photos of the event taken with my camera phone. The top photo is of the outside common area at one of my junior high schools. I personally like the one directly above with the umbrella. You can see the flakes falling. Those boys thought I was funny for taking the photo. Also they were late for class.

Here's one of a funky palm like tree. It looked interesting with the white layer on it. By lunch time the snow had stopped and the sun came out. By the end of the day all the snow was gone. Oh well, I guess it was just a warm up for my trip tomorrow.
Don't forget what i told you about cold and your tongue falling off...
ReplyDeletefunny comment-- when we had a few feet of snow the other day, my son said it was pouring snow!! The Sapporo festival is listed in the book--'1000 Things to do Before you Die' As well as climb Mt. Fugi!
ReplyDeleteI'm very jealous, that festival sounds like SO much fun.
ReplyDeleteI was just out with Richie Rich last night and he can't wait to get over there to you!
Nina, AKA: Velcro Dog, is sitting here staring at me with her big bug eyes saying hi... She misses you I can tell.
I got some good shots of her at the beach yesterday during our romp outside... I'll e-mail them to ya'.
Have fun this weekend!