Monday, May 22, 2006

Ichigo Picking

I went strawberry picking with my supervisor. Initally we were suppose to go to his strawberry patch that his father planted. However due to rain, we ended up at a strawberry greenhouse. Being very Japanese, instead of canceling, my supervisor paid for me to go pick strawberries at this indoor greenhouse. It was really pretty cool. We took his kids and a couple of co-workers and picked. They gave us a cup of water and you picked, dunked, and then ate the strawberries. I can't explain it, but strawberries here taste very different. The flavor is stronger and they all are sweet. You don't need sugar or a topping to make it yummy. The only inconvenience about this adventure is that the aisles were narrow and my broken toe didn't like being trapped in my sneakers and walking on a slant.
This is his adorable daughter. She just laughed and smiled all day. Oh, by the way my supervisor is Honda-san. Yep, another car name. It was destined for us to work together.
This photo is of both his daughters doing the Japanese pose. This was just one of many strawberry greenhouses. This is a tourist attraction for the area.

I have quite a bit to post, but have been pretty busy. Sorry :-( Rich is currently traveling with his friend Sean and I've been swamped. I will post a lot next week. I will be in Kobe for meetings this week and then off to Hiroshima and Miyajima for the weekend. So don't expect to hear too much from me. Later Gator!

No comments:

Post a Comment