I have a few random photos that I took recently. Pictured above is Dan holding an incredible large bottle of sake. They love to sell these giant bottles at the liquor store. Can't imagine cracking it open and actually finishing it. I guess it's good for parties. We celebrated his 32nd birthday this past week and that was one of his gifts.
Me and Dan at kareoke. I don't really like this photo, however I wanted to show off my necklace that my mother made for me. She has been creating many different types of jewelry using glass, beads, and rocks. Pretty cool!
Yep, that's a didgeridoo. Rich and I stumbled upon this interesting music shop in Osaka. They had a ton of didges, some finger pianos, and other random items I don't even know the name for. The guy was really happy to demonstrate the didge for us. I swear, you can find all sorts of random stuff in Osaka.Side note: Rich landed a good job! Now that the visa, work permit, and gaijin card have been obtained, he has been able to legally go to work. I think that he is very pleased. It may sound nice to not have to work and spend your day as you please, however you can only do so much before you are bored stiff. I think he was ready to work and meet new people. Congratulations Rich!!!!
Congrats Rich! That is wonderful, glad things are working out well for the both of you in Japan. Sorry I have been MIA lately, I am getting ready for grad school in the Fall. Yes, still moving to the Bay Area! I miss you both and maybe I can motivate myself to train and join you for the Tokyo marathon next year...stranger things have happened... ;)
ReplyDeleteYo buddy,
ReplyDeleteCongrtats on the JOB. Got the call, sorry I missed it. Call back and leave your number or send me an email rtculbie@hotmail.com. I'm gone like a puff of smoke.
Ryan
Congrats Rich...
ReplyDeleteI know that not working is cool but gets old VERY fast.
Hope all is well with you two out there.
Give me a call on my cell