Thursday, August 17, 2006

Kura Byo

**Warning** Whining Words Ahead!

They actually have a disease here called kura byo also known as "air conditioner sickness". Get it....... kura also means cooler. Anyway I feel metcha metch sh*tty! I don't really think I have air conditioner sickness. I have been running it a lot b/c it's so hot, but I've been running it for quite awhile. It's not something new that I'm doing. My throat feels like it's only large enough for a drop of water to pass through. My ears ache so bad and I can't hear anything; sort of like living in a hole and all noise is muffled. My glands are the size of quarters and are pushing on my ears. My tounge is not normal looking. It's really pretty gross. I actually have body aches which is not a common cold side effect for me. I know, I should go to the doctor and stop complaining. Complaining and whining is a common sickness side effect for me. Rich doesn't handle it well, so I'm unleashing it on the blog. Anyway I fear going to the doctor b/c I still have my tonsils. After Sarah spent 3 weeks in the hospital for her appendix and watching Hannah take half a dozen pills when she had a cold (and she remained sick), I fear a trip to the doctor would result in some wacky scheme to pull my tonsils out. I'm pretty attached to them and through all my illnesses no doctor has said that they need to come out. So I am going to fight this for awhile. I promise if there isn't any improvement by Monday (maybe Tuesday), I will in fact go see the doctor. Scouts honor!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:05 AM

    heya- sorry you feel sick, I hope get better soon!! I too am developing a bit of a cold, but I can put that down to the move to a cold country- damn the UK "summer" weather!! Get well soon and good luck with the docs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:45 AM

    Yikes! I hope you feel better soon! Take care!

    ReplyDelete