I've decided that occasionally I will do a post on one of my friends here in Japan. So I'm beginning with Rara (aka. Lara). Rara is of Italian decent, however she calls Rondon (aka. London) her home. She is thru and true a Brit. She is the eldest of three children; the nice old age of 24! In fact we just celebrated her birthday this past Friday. Rara went to a little known school called Oxford. She is fluent in French, Italian, and of course English. Rara teaches in Uchita, the town right next to Iwade. This isn't Rara's first stint teaching English; she taught English in a remote village in India and also in one of those Eastern European countries (sorry I forgot which one). Back in Rondon, Rara made extra cash by being a hair model for Vidal Sassoon. She frequently would get her hair cut, colored, molded, sculpted in any style that they wanted and photograph her. Since arriving in Japan Rara has become a very busy and popular gal. She has been roped into attending a monthly adult English club (sounds like mostly older men), she's been convinced to take up the violin again and perform, she's joined a Japanese choir (the kicker is that Japanese is one language she doesn't know), she's also been shuttled to concerts, festivals, and even a soap making class. In Rara's spare time she translates French poetry into English and has already been gallivanting all over Japan. On a sad note, Rara is severely allergic to dairy products; that means no milk, butter, yogurt, cheese, etc. A huge problem for her is Japanese bread, it always has milk in it. I had no idea! Rara is an amazing person and she's one of the most down to earth people that I've ever met. We are lucky to have her living in our little area in north Wakayama.
Monday, October 09, 2006
Rara from Rondon
I've decided that occasionally I will do a post on one of my friends here in Japan. So I'm beginning with Rara (aka. Lara). Rara is of Italian decent, however she calls Rondon (aka. London) her home. She is thru and true a Brit. She is the eldest of three children; the nice old age of 24! In fact we just celebrated her birthday this past Friday. Rara went to a little known school called Oxford. She is fluent in French, Italian, and of course English. Rara teaches in Uchita, the town right next to Iwade. This isn't Rara's first stint teaching English; she taught English in a remote village in India and also in one of those Eastern European countries (sorry I forgot which one). Back in Rondon, Rara made extra cash by being a hair model for Vidal Sassoon. She frequently would get her hair cut, colored, molded, sculpted in any style that they wanted and photograph her. Since arriving in Japan Rara has become a very busy and popular gal. She has been roped into attending a monthly adult English club (sounds like mostly older men), she's been convinced to take up the violin again and perform, she's joined a Japanese choir (the kicker is that Japanese is one language she doesn't know), she's also been shuttled to concerts, festivals, and even a soap making class. In Rara's spare time she translates French poetry into English and has already been gallivanting all over Japan. On a sad note, Rara is severely allergic to dairy products; that means no milk, butter, yogurt, cheese, etc. A huge problem for her is Japanese bread, it always has milk in it. I had no idea! Rara is an amazing person and she's one of the most down to earth people that I've ever met. We are lucky to have her living in our little area in north Wakayama.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OK, what's the deal. All of a sudden, your images aren't coming up on Safari. Checked with netscape and they are there. Guess I'll just have to pull it up to view your blog.
ReplyDeleteDon't even suggest that other browser.
Should also be known that I and many other men here think that on top of all the other stuff Rara is HOT!
ReplyDeleteWow! A Rara fan in our midst. She's a cutie and definitely a catch. Maybe you should let her know what you think. It gets kind of lonely out here in the inaka. Soon it will be cold and she may need someone to help keep her warm.
ReplyDelete