Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Watashi no tanjobi!


This past Sunday I celebrated my 32nd birthday. No that's not a typo I am 32 and I'm really happy about being 32. In fact I think that my 30's have been so much better than my 20's. I have no desire to be younger because along with youth comes the confusion and insecurity about who you are and your place in the world. I honestly feel comfortable with who I am and my life. SO YIPPY, I'M 32!

I celebrated my birthday by running a race with Rich and Gemma. They completed the half marathon of the Wakayama Jazz Marathon with very impressive times (Congrats Gemma & Rich!). I on the other hand was told that I was too slow (I stopped to pee and this delayed me quite a bit) and was kicked of the course (with about 100 other people) due to some time restraints. I really wasn't too bummed about it b/c I had already ran an hour and this allowed me to wait on Rich and run with him the last 2 KMs of the race. In the evening I met up with a bunch of my friends for a much needed beer and onsen at Nohan. It was really nice to see everyone and just have a relaxing evening. Thanks to all of you that made it out my way to help me celebrate. Oh and thanks for the very unexpected and wonderful gifts.

Birthday Wisdom: Don't let a number determine your age!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Late Birthday! Glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Mercedes! Hope to see you in February. I just got back into Japan today (Tokyo), but will head Wakayama way when I get back again in February. I hope your next 32 are absolutely fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a sexy 32! Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:51 AM

    good choice for your birthday.....with beer and bathing, you can NEVER go wrong!! I had a great time too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:35 PM

    Happy Birthday, Benz. Hope you guys are keeping it real. Much love from USA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Happy Belated Birthday from Cali!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mercedes, you just got so much spirit;)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:24 AM

    Happy Birthday Mercedes... Looks like you had a nice one!

    Hi Rich!

    ReplyDelete