Thursday, November 16, 2006

Meet My Family: Dr. Charles Cooper

The man being strapped into the belt hanging from the wall is Dr. Charles Cooper; aka Chuck. If I have to put a label on Chuck, I would call him my stepfather, however he is really more than that. Chuck has been a part of my life as far back as I can remember and I can't imagine growing up without him and his good influences. He is a great friend, listener, advisor, and educator. He also is the most patient man that I've ever met (he has to be to deal with my wonderful yet high energy mother).
You may wonder what he is a Dr of. Well he is a Dr of Mathematics, the subject we all love (to hate; sorry Chuck). He is a great professor and the current mathematics department head at the University of Central Oklahoma. Honestly he is one of the smartest people that I know. Chuck is also a collector of albums. I swear that he owns thousands of albums and all in mint condition. The practically take up an entire spare bedroom.
During my visit home, I stayed with my mom and Chuck. One evening we attended the opening of a new yoga studio. Chuck began taking yoga about a year ago (I think) and loves it. He has toned up, dropped weight, become more flexible and strong, and I believe less stressed. Anyway one of his instructors opened a new studio and we went to see it. He then got harnessed onto the yoga wall (the first time I've ever seen one). His instructor, April, then proceeded to pull and stretch him. He said that it felt good, however it looks a bit uncomfortable to me.
Here's a photo of Chuck (right side up) with my mom (more on her later). As you can see, they both are also photo junkies (wonder where I got that trait from).

FYI: Rich and I are now back safe and sound in Japan trying to recover from jet lag.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:56 AM

    ur mom looks young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:47 AM

    Thank you.

    I had to chuckle. Did you notice that the lens cap is still on Chuck's camera?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:21 AM

    wow, I've never seen a yoga wall - looks like a cross between a pilates machine and a rock climbing wall...I hope you and Rich are doing well!

    ReplyDelete