
Halloween haiku mystery solved. The ghost (aka Rich) and myself spent Halloween traveling to America (practically 24 hours total door to door travel time). We decided to surprise our families with an unexpected spooky Halloween visit. Pictured above is Rich dancing around in the front yard of his mother's house.

The funny part of the surprise involved him trick or treating his own mother. He rang the doorbell and when she answered Rich began dancing on her porch in the ghost costume. He then started saying, "Trick or Treat" and "Happy Halloween". His mother responded in awe b/c: #1 Her house light was off and she wasn't expecting trick or treaters. #2 She didn't have any candy and didn't know how to get rid of the rather tall trick or treater. Finally Rich threw off the costume and ran into her arms. I think this was a good trick and a fantastic treat that we will never forget.
So we are in the states now. I have traveled up to Oklahoma to spend some time with my family, while Rich has remained in Texas to visit with his clan. Should have some really good posts about our visit home. Stay tuned.
What a GREAT surprise! That will be a story she and he will treasure :-) Have a great visit!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! Enjoy your visit back home!
ReplyDeleteYour trick and treat was a great success.What a fantastic Halloween
ReplyDeleteshe had!Rich's mother has a good son.
Rich and Mercedes your the best!! What a great surprise, I should have known you were going to make a grand entrance in style. Makayla says "I Love You Uncle Rich" and your costume was really funny! I want to see you Love Makayla
ReplyDeleteWE miss you guys soooooo much!
Jealous that you get to experience Japan firsthand I guess we can live vicariously through you and Mercedes
All is well in our neck of the woods Noah is a real character and cutie-pie will send latest pics of the rugrats have a safe trip back home don't worry about mom we will look out for her too!