Thursday, January 18, 2007

Bungalow Blues

Right about now (honestly since I arrived back in Japan), I miss our bungalow. After Bangkok we headed down south to Ko Lanta. We stayed at an amazing eco-friendly resort called Narima (great website with lots of photos and info about Ko Lanta). It's a lovely island that's about 2 hours from Krabi. We stayed there for four nights and had our own personal bungalow. This was our view of the ocean at sunset. I miss it.
That's Rich sitting in our hammock, watching the sunset with a beer on the railing. Good times. Currently we are a bit cold here in Japan and both of us are fighting colds. Yuck! How I wish we could return to the warm sunshine. I guess I shouldn't complain too much; at least I'm not back home dealing with the ice storm. My Mom says that cabin fever has definitely set in and she can't wait to get out. This is a photo she took just this week. With temperatures below freezing it maybe awhile before the roads are safe. Stay warm out there.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:17 PM

    Yeah, um, it snowed yesterday...in Malibu! WTF?

    ReplyDelete