Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I've been accused.....

...... of being "Little Miss Sunshine". Now is that really such a bad thing? OK, don't answer that. But really, I know that I tend to be positive or upbeat. However I don't think I'm obnoxiously so. I try to be the glass is half full girl and I think that's a good thing. Now don't get me wrong, I get angry, upset, and sad. However I try not to linger on those moods for too long. Life is too short to be unhappy. For example, maybe someone cuts me off in traffic. Initially I'm annoyed, but then quickly I switch my thoughts and think how sad that that driver is in such a hurry. Rude person that didn't plan ahead. That driver must need to be somewhere faster than me. Maybe they are in pain or someone made them upset and they can't cope. Getting mad really is a waste of my time. Also I think that perspective has a lot to do with moods. If I view everything negatively, then of course things will seem bad and depressing. So I tend to view the positives. Quite a few years ago I was depressed; really really depressed. I was so depressed that at the time I thought if someone tried to murder me as I walked down a dark alley, then so be it. I wouldn't fight b/c I had nothing to fight for. Eventually I pulled out of it. Since then I've made it my thing to try and see the good. The news, people, and the government tend to talk about really terrorizing bad things. There's too much of it in the world. I don't ignore it, but on a daily basis I try to find good things to off set the bad. So let me be "Little Miss Sunshine". I like being "Little Miss Sunshine". I know that misery loves company, but misery is dark and sometimes there isn't a ray of light to get you out of that darkness. Then you'd get all pasty white, wrinkly, and have a nasty disposition. I pick sunshine. You know what I mean.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:57 AM

    Got cut off twice this morning... TWICE in three miles of highway... You're sunshine comments helped me deal (that... and giving the guy the bird).

    ReplyDelete