I blame Rich. He was really sick a few weeks ago. I've fought hard not to catch it; drinking vitamin drinks and taking Zicam. I was winning the battle, but ultimately lost the war. Sunday I woke to a nasty sore throat and oodles of fluid running down my throat. Gross! In fact not being able to breath woke me up. Rich was sweet though and made (from scratch) homemade tomato soup for lunch and turkey soup for dinner. Anyway Monday morning arrived (Sunday night in the US) and I called in sick. To my benefit though, I got to watch the Super Bowl live. Kind of a different experience watching it at breakfast time though. I was thrilled to see the Colts win (29-17) over the Bears. The touchdown that resulted from the opening kick off had me a bit concerned for the Colts. However they quickly recovered. The game seemed riddled with turnovers, some partly due to the continual downpour of rain. Grossman really underperformed for the Bears and probably proved many of his critics correct. Also the Colts really dominated offensively, even though the score never reflected it. I really think that the key to winning the game for the Colts was being able to outplay the great Chicago defense. Peyton was named MVP, due to his ability to control and guide the offense. He didn't have any outstanding heroic passes like usual and honestly it really was a team effort. They actually had 191 yards rushing; which is key in the rain. Dungy is also the first black head coach to win the Super Bowl. Also this was the first Super Bowl where both head coaches were black. How appropriate for Black History Month. I was a bit surprised to see that Prince was picked to perform the half time show. You'd have thought it would be somebody more youthful. I did think though that Prince did a good job and it did appear to be a live performance and not a pre-taped audio show. Overall a decent game and glad I got to see it. Sorry Bears fans; Jay, Jake, and Erin. Better luck next year!
Monday, February 05, 2007
Super Bowl Sickness
I blame Rich. He was really sick a few weeks ago. I've fought hard not to catch it; drinking vitamin drinks and taking Zicam. I was winning the battle, but ultimately lost the war. Sunday I woke to a nasty sore throat and oodles of fluid running down my throat. Gross! In fact not being able to breath woke me up. Rich was sweet though and made (from scratch) homemade tomato soup for lunch and turkey soup for dinner. Anyway Monday morning arrived (Sunday night in the US) and I called in sick. To my benefit though, I got to watch the Super Bowl live. Kind of a different experience watching it at breakfast time though. I was thrilled to see the Colts win (29-17) over the Bears. The touchdown that resulted from the opening kick off had me a bit concerned for the Colts. However they quickly recovered. The game seemed riddled with turnovers, some partly due to the continual downpour of rain. Grossman really underperformed for the Bears and probably proved many of his critics correct. Also the Colts really dominated offensively, even though the score never reflected it. I really think that the key to winning the game for the Colts was being able to outplay the great Chicago defense. Peyton was named MVP, due to his ability to control and guide the offense. He didn't have any outstanding heroic passes like usual and honestly it really was a team effort. They actually had 191 yards rushing; which is key in the rain. Dungy is also the first black head coach to win the Super Bowl. Also this was the first Super Bowl where both head coaches were black. How appropriate for Black History Month. I was a bit surprised to see that Prince was picked to perform the half time show. You'd have thought it would be somebody more youthful. I did think though that Prince did a good job and it did appear to be a live performance and not a pre-taped audio show. Overall a decent game and glad I got to see it. Sorry Bears fans; Jay, Jake, and Erin. Better luck next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment