Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Salvador Dali

Rich and I were able to go to the Salvador Dali show at the Suntory Museum in Osaka a few weeks ago. Most everyone knows his work (maybe not his name though). He did the very popular painting with the melting clocks. Anyway his work is very interesting and intriguing. In addition to painting he also designed clothes, furniture, wrote manuscripts, etc. "The Dali Multifaceted Century Exhibition" in Osaka was quite a museum going experience for us. We enjoy art, but neither of us claim to be experts on it. So we were pretty excited about seeing it. Surprisingly tickets weren't very expensive and the venue was intimate and actually nice. However I think that it was way too packed. Basically once you entered the exhibit, there was an extremely slow moving queue for everything. It was horrible. Everyone was up close and you couldn't stand back and get perspective on the art. Quite disappointing. It was like standing in line for a movie or a really popular roller coaster. Rich and I ended up weaving in and out of people at our own pace. The museum really should have limited the number of people in the exhibit. I can't imagine anyone feeling like they were really able to see the work. So I really have mixed feelings about going. What I could see of the work, it looked interesting, however getting a good view was difficult.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:22 AM

    u sometimes can't see works enough at meseum.when my friend go to Louvre in france,he watch all of painting with running!he lost how to enjoy the art.

    yasuhide

    ReplyDelete