Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Slow To Post

I have sooooo much to blog and just haven't had enough time to do it. Ever since we arrived back from Malaysia, we have been busy meeting up with friends for birthdays, drinks, movies, exhibits, and modeling (yes MODELING.... and more on that in a future post). Now that the Golden Week holiday is over, hopefully I can get back to my normal routine and get some blogging done.

Let's see where do I begin...... OK we left Japan for Malaysia. We had a layover in Hong Kong and boy was it an expensive layover. We went for a bite to eat and I was shocked by the prices. I know they had me captive in the airport and I was limited on my choices. Anyway after traveling all day to get to Kuala Lumpur, we were happily surprised to arrive at our uber cool guesthouse. Number 8 Guesthouse is in a great part of town and easy to reach from the monorail. It's a comfortable place (we forked out the cash for A/C and our own shower) with friendly helpful staff. It's also surrounded by tons of shops and restaurants. Dining experiences included Egyptian food and smoking shisha with Mohommad at the restaurant across from Number 8. Then the next evening we enjoyed amazing Indian food down the street at Bollywood (I love the name). Hesam from Pakistan was our waiter (pictured with Rich). Other new and exciting food included the traditional Malaysian tea, teh tarik. Translated it means pulled tea b/c they strain water in a really long tea strainer that they twirl around. It looks like the tea is cascading out of it into your cup. We also discovered roti. An amazing light breakfast bread that they bake things into it for example; banana, egg, onions, etc. We also spent the day sightseeing everything in KL except the Petronas Towers (we saved that for the last day). We went to the Central Market, China Town, the National Mosque, the Old Railway Station, and many places in between. Here are the photos. There really aren't many photos b/c neither of us were feeling the buzz to photograph; we wanted to experience it and not miss it behind a camera. Anyway after one full day in KL, we headed off to our island getaway, Tioman.

First impressions of Malaysia; international vibe (Chinese, Malay, and Indian people), cheap, cheap, cheap, extremely friendly and helpful people (thanks nice man for volunteering to help me find the old railway station without me asking for help), everyone speaks English, and of course great food.

1 comment:

  1. Roti! Aw, my boyfriend's mom makes that for us all the time. It is really good with yogurt and some mango chutney.

    ReplyDelete