
This past weekend I joined one of my junior high schools in a soft volleyball tournament. Now when they told me it was soft volleyball, I imagined a softer version of the regular leather volleyball. To my amazement I found that we were playing with a beach ball designed to look like a volleyball. Made for good entertainment I tell you. So the past few weeks I would go to Dai Ni and practice in the evenings with the team. We ended up having enough players to make two teams. I was on the B team. The supposed fun team; the team that cared more about t-shirts rather than winning. Practice commenced and I was thinking we were quite good, t-shirts might be a bonus to our skills. Anyway Saturday came and we had on our cute frog shirts with yukattas over top. We had a funny entrance skit planned. Things started well. We did the coordinated stretching to music (a routine I didn't

know how to do and giggled through; seriously it was the stretching you imagine all Japanese businesses do before opening). Then the games commenced and we got beat and then beat again. Sadly we also lost the t-shirt contest. Still feeling the need to celebrate, we had a post losing bath, dinner, drinks, and karaoke all paid for by the school. Surprisingly the teachers that didn't participate in the tourney donated money so that the teachers that did could go out and celebrate afterwards. How thoughtful! So here are the
photos (lots of Japanese people that you don't know and me). Good Times!
I love and miss you baby
ReplyDeletenakasyo sensei is cute.
ReplyDeleteyasuhide