Rich and I watched 300 (great website) last night. Living in Japan, you kind of miss out on the hype about movies. So needless to say, I was in the dark as to what we were about to watch. I admit that I was pleasantly surprised. 300 is based on the graphic novel "300". It's about the Battle of Thermopylae where 300 Spartan men fought a massive army of Persians; resulting in death. 300 is like an "art house" film with a Hollywood budget. It's visually interesting to watch. I was truly enthralled. I found the music choices nice and edgy. The cast is unbelievably beautiful; OK but are the abs makeuped on or something ..... they are unreal! There is fighting, but again it's filmed or CGI'd in such a way that it captivates you. The blood splattering is even shown in a way that holds your attention (crazy I know). The story isn't that detailed, which I think works better for the movie. If there was more depth, the movie would drag on and become something it isn't. Rich remarked on the innovation of the costumes, or lack there of in some scenes. Overall I give it two thumbs up. It's definitely worth your time and I'd even say your money.
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Movie Review: 300
Rich and I watched 300 (great website) last night. Living in Japan, you kind of miss out on the hype about movies. So needless to say, I was in the dark as to what we were about to watch. I admit that I was pleasantly surprised. 300 is based on the graphic novel "300". It's about the Battle of Thermopylae where 300 Spartan men fought a massive army of Persians; resulting in death. 300 is like an "art house" film with a Hollywood budget. It's visually interesting to watch. I was truly enthralled. I found the music choices nice and edgy. The cast is unbelievably beautiful; OK but are the abs makeuped on or something ..... they are unreal! There is fighting, but again it's filmed or CGI'd in such a way that it captivates you. The blood splattering is even shown in a way that holds your attention (crazy I know). The story isn't that detailed, which I think works better for the movie. If there was more depth, the movie would drag on and become something it isn't. Rich remarked on the innovation of the costumes, or lack there of in some scenes. Overall I give it two thumbs up. It's definitely worth your time and I'd even say your money.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There is a halarious Southpark episode that parodies 300. You will have to catch it when you get back.
ReplyDelete