Jami is one of my dearest and oldest friends. We had the great opportunity to begin our teaching careers at a really challenging school in Ft. Worth. Needless to say we had went thru a lot personally and professionally together for quite a few years. So I was very happy to hear that she got married this past June in Hawaii. Thankfully I arrived back in the states just in time to attend her reception in Austin. She and her husband, Jay had an amazing reception at the Barr Mansion. The mansion was built in 1898 for a cotton merchant by the name of William Braxton Barr. The mansion remained in the Barr family until 1980. The new owners restored the mansion and now rent it out for weddings, receptions, and special events. It was a very beautiful setting for a reception with gardens and decorative lights. The food was gourmet buffet style and there was an endless supply of booze (hence Rich is found with a goofy smile on his face in just about every photo). Overall it was one of the nicest receptions that I've ever attended. I really was happy that we were included in the special occasion. Enjoy the photos.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment