Been a bit under the weather; really not shocking to any of my regular readers. I tend to get ill a few times a year and I guess right now is one of those times. Currently I'm coughing and just feel a bit run down. I'm gambatteing through it though.So yesterday Rich and I headed up to Addison (north Dallas). We met up with one of my new friends, Jen and her friend, Liz. We have been dying for some good Indian food. Jen recommended a place called Clay Pit. Clay Pit is in a trendy part of town and it's decor matches the neighborhood. Oddly enough we had a very very untrendy waiter. A much older styleless unfit man; not what you typically see at restaurants. Poor thing was busy though, so he was absent a lot from our table. The meal began with some chutneys and Indian like chips. We also had some samosas. The main courses included a saag paneer curry, chicken tika masala, a veggie dish (forgot the name), and a chick pea curry. Overall the flavors were nice, but really they don't compare to Punjab (in Iwade). We truly miss the flavors of Punjab. The other item we sadly missed was the spicy carrot chutney. The chutneys at Clay Pit just seemed to be lacking something. We really aren't sure if we will go back. It was decent, but it didn't measure up to our expectations (come on, we ate Indian food off of banana leafs in Malaysia in an all Indian restaurant). We kind of judge ethnic restaurants by how many ethnic people are actually in there eating the food. There were quite a few, but again we think it's just a trendy place that people go to b/c of the area. Think we will still explore other Indian restaurants in the area. Funny thing though, Clay Pit turned into an Indian night club after 10:00ish. There was a long line of Indians waiting to get in. Also the house lights were off and there was a band with flashy dance lights swirling around. Now that could have been interesting.
After Clay Pit, we headed next door to BlackFinn. It seemed like a sports bar with a giant patio and a pretty happening crowd. We grabbed some drinks and parked on the patio for a bit to people watch. It was pretty funny b/c we realized that everyone around us acted as though they were the hottest people on earth. They were decked out and just had an unnecessary air about them. I'm all about exuding confidence, but these people acted like they were amazing. It was really strange. Liz informed us that Addison is close to a lot of "dry" counties (no alcohol areas). So a lot of people from the burbs come in to party in Addison. That kind of explains it. Honestly don't think Addison is the right scene for us. Truly felt like we were watching that horrible show, "Are you hot? The search for Americas sexiest people". I passed on the show and I'll probably pass on hanging out for drinks in Addison again.
No comments:
Post a Comment