Saturday, November 03, 2007

The Office

My office sent out an email inviting us all to dress up for Halloween. I got kind of excited b/c at my old office in SD, we had about 95% participation at Halloween. In fact, you felt kind of lame if you didn't dress up b/c you were the minority that day. So, I got excited.....that is until I started asking around. Pretty much everyone stated that they weren't dressing up. I couldn't believe it. Halloween was on a Wednesday and it was also my first payday. I currently need any excuse to wear something different in my closet (the amount of work clothes I have is limited, so a costume helped stretch my wardrobe for the week). As you can see from the photos, I wore my yukata (summer kimono). I bucked my fear of peer pressure and jumped into the Halloween spirit. Sadly you can also see from the other photo, that only seven of us (out of 60 something) were brave on Halloween. My office also forked out money for a big Halloween cake. The embarrassing part is that the other branches of the firm sent around photos and they had more participation. Maybe next year I can rally the troops and encourage everyone to get into the spirit.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:19 AM

    summer yukata???
    thats cheating! LOL

    ReplyDelete