Have you ever noticed that when a really bad thing happens, usually two more bad things happen? It's the damn three rule. I don't know who came up with it, but it seems to hold true. Anyway this week is a really bad three week. It all started with a good deed. We have a new downstairs neighbor. He filled up his garbage cart and I'm sure that he has no idea what day is trash day. So on Monday, trash day, I see his full cart and decide to do a neighborly thing and take it to the curb. As I moved the cart away from the wall, I bump it on my big toe. My toe immediately starts to throb. I ttook off my sock and blood began to gush out of the top of my toe. It continued to bleed for another 5 minutes. Really really gross! In the end, Rich took out the cart and I contained the bleeding. Think I will loose my toe nail. It's currently purple. I'm just glad that it didn't puff up and require a drill or needle to drain it. I'll spare you a lovely picture of my wound.
Well I have so much old blogging to do, I won't waste your time talking about the other two really crappy things that have happened. I will proceed to tell you about Yasuhide's adventures in America. Yasuhide arrived New Year's Eve morning. We spent the day relaxing and gearing up for some New Year's Eve partying. First we headed out to the Capital Pub, where Yasuhide's eyes bulged at the site of his hamburger. Yes, everywhere we ate, the food was extremely large, however Yasuhide managed to finish every bite of every meal that we sat down to. I'm sure he gained about 7 lbs. during his stay. After the Capital, we headed down to Victory Park via the McKinney Trolley. I currently work on McKinney and there are some lovely old trolleys cars that offer free rides. It takes you from north downtown up to almost Knox/Henderson. Anyway Yasuhide saw the trolley and informed us that it was in his guide book and he wanted to do it. So we did and it was nice. I'll travel by trolley any chance I can. We ended up at a house party a block from the Big D festivities at Victory Park. A bit before midnight we headed out for fireworks, music, and chilly fresh air. I must admit that the fireworks were pretty cool. After midnight we headed back up to Uptown to meet up with my friend Jen. We shared a cab ride with a newly engaged couple and a Nigerian cab driver. We definitely exposed Yasuhide to a wide variety of people on his first night in town. After meeting up with Jen and having a drink, we headed home. Think we all were a bit jet lagged.
Oh and please admire my swanky coat in the photos. It's actually my grandmother's coat and is probably 40-50 years old. Glad I wore it b/c it was so cold out.
Well I have so much old blogging to do, I won't waste your time talking about the other two really crappy things that have happened. I will proceed to tell you about Yasuhide's adventures in America. Yasuhide arrived New Year's Eve morning. We spent the day relaxing and gearing up for some New Year's Eve partying. First we headed out to the Capital Pub, where Yasuhide's eyes bulged at the site of his hamburger. Yes, everywhere we ate, the food was extremely large, however Yasuhide managed to finish every bite of every meal that we sat down to. I'm sure he gained about 7 lbs. during his stay. After the Capital, we headed down to Victory Park via the McKinney Trolley. I currently work on McKinney and there are some lovely old trolleys cars that offer free rides. It takes you from north downtown up to almost Knox/Henderson. Anyway Yasuhide saw the trolley and informed us that it was in his guide book and he wanted to do it. So we did and it was nice. I'll travel by trolley any chance I can. We ended up at a house party a block from the Big D festivities at Victory Park. A bit before midnight we headed out for fireworks, music, and chilly fresh air. I must admit that the fireworks were pretty cool. After midnight we headed back up to Uptown to meet up with my friend Jen. We shared a cab ride with a newly engaged couple and a Nigerian cab driver. We definitely exposed Yasuhide to a wide variety of people on his first night in town. After meeting up with Jen and having a drink, we headed home. Think we all were a bit jet lagged.
Oh and please admire my swanky coat in the photos. It's actually my grandmother's coat and is probably 40-50 years old. Glad I wore it b/c it was so cold out.


You're on to something w/ "terrible things happen in 3's" rule. I recently wrecked our car, then spilled apple cider all over my cell phone totally killing it (and it turns out we didn't have the insurance that we swore we did), and now Eli is sick. Bummer.
ReplyDelete