Friday, June 13, 2008

Congratulations Kevin!!!!


Rich received this email from our good friend Kevin.

Hello All,

Well, it's finally happened. No good way to introduce this so I'll just come out with it: when I moved to Wakayama last December I started falling madly in love with this sales girl from the office, then we started dating and in a whirlwind of events this month we finally got married in Kyoto. Things had been kept a bit hush hush because we work in the same office but mostly because she's a shy sort of person. I did get to meet her family in late April as we started to make plans and she got introduced briefly to my folks over skype. Proper introductions will have to wait until we come home in the fall for a couple weeks. Hopefully those of you who are still East Coast can come out and meet her as well.

Kireina Meiko, or rather Mrs. Kireina Meiko White (weird), is from good ole Wakayama City in Wakayama prefecture. We go together like peas and carrots: she likes to cook as much as I like to eat, can beat me at Halo, and also speaks a decent amount of English. We got married two weeks ago on May 25th 2008, in Kyoto, Japan, at the Shozan Wedding Hotel. For much more than that you'll have to wait until October to find out for yourselves.

So yea, big things. We got a Japanese wedding certificate and visa papers are in the works for our respective countries. We'll probably move to NYC early next year but until then it'll be nice to pay fewer taxes. I can't say for sure but we'll also probably have a follow ceremony/party stateside once we get settled. I'll be sure to let you know with an enchanting little save-the-date magnet that would make any refrigerator proud.

You may have noticed some irregular boxes on the pictures below. My blushing bride feels she is not photogenic and is embarrassed to show them before meeting everyone. On the other hand, I can't really help myself so we compromised on photoshop. For the time being you can enjoy yourselves laughing at my suit, straight out of 1890 and the only one they'd give to a foreigner. What memories *sigh*.

Okay, that's all, I swear. Sorry for the A-bomb, but that's just how I roll. Stay good.

Just Married,

Mr. Kevin

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:28 AM

    me,brian and deep believed that email was true.so we email "congratulation!".
    we never noticed his lie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:31 AM

    I really can't believe he would play such an underhanded sick twisted joke on his friends and family. If he wasn't so dashing and handsome, I would seriously consider staying angry with him indefinitely. But he's just too charming to resist, I must say...

    ReplyDelete
  3. speaking of Wakayama, did you hear one of the ALTs died? boy are we glad we're not there anymore. can you imagine the "crack down" they're doing for all reckless/trouble foreigners now?

    ReplyDelete