Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Oscar Update

Hello, We lost Oscar on Saturday the 28th at around 5 am. He was last seen heading North on Junius towards Fitzhugh. We live at **** Junius Street. Please call us if you have any information. He is a mostly Black Lab Mix around 9 months old. He weighs about 50 lbs and has a large bald spot on his chest. Last seen wearing a yellow collar. We had found him a little over a week ago and were trying to get him healthy. He is fixed. Please call Rich or Mercedes at ******.

That's the latest on Oscar. He started acting antsy on Friday the 27th. He kept going near the gate in the backyard and peering through it. Then early Saturday morning, Rich took him out and he escaped. The wind pushed the gate open and Oscar bolted. Rich said that he had never seen him run so fast. We immediately hopped in the car and searched for him to no avail. We spent most of that weekend searching and also calling the local vets, shelters, and pound. Rich even went to the pound a couple of days the next week. I know that we hadn't decided his outcome, however I cried when we lost him. He was a sweet dog and he deserves a good home. We just hope that Oscar is OK. Maybe someone else took him in and has decided to love him. I really hope so. Nevertheless, I will continue to search the street anytime I drive around my neighborhood in hopes of seeing him again.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:17 AM

    That's a sad story.. Sometimes free spirits just need to be free. Maybe it was his time to move on.

    all this dog talk has got me reflecting, give us a Nina update.. how is she? Where is she?

    I hope she's doing well, I miss her and her big bug eyes.

    ReplyDelete