Yesterday I ran the Rock to Victory Half Marathon, that's 13.1 miles. I started running with the Dallas Running Club in January and have been training for the OKC Memorial half marathon that's at the end of April. Some of the people (specifically the two in the photo on the left, Nick and Lauren) in my pace group were running this race, so I figured why not sign up and try to run it also. My plan was to run with the 2 hour 10 minute pace leaders. To my happy surprise, I finished a few minutes faster than planned, 2:07. I'm really pleased with my time, but even more pleased that I didn't walk one bit of the course. Speedy Rich finished the race at 1:33. Even more annoying than his fast time, he went out on Saturday and got drunk celebrating St. Patrick's day. Who drinks and runs that well. He is blessed with the natural ability to run.
After the race Lauren, convinced us to pose with Dr. Pepper's
for a contest her work (here's a plug for D Magazine) is
sponsoring. I really can't stand Dr. Pepper, but I'll do anything for
a running buddy. The photo on the right shows me shamelessly promoting Diet cherry Dr. Pepper and the Dallas Running Club. Actually the Dr. Pepper was more enjoyable with the cherry flavor additive. That's Marcie pretending to steal my drink and Rich pushing another Dr. Pepper into the photo.
So next up on the running calendar.....possibly The Big D at the beginning of April and then OKC Memorial at the end of April. I'll keep you posted. Oh .... I promise, interior house photos will be posted this week.
When I drunk Dr.Pepper in Dallas,I understood the meaning of Dr.Pepper.Medicine taste...
ReplyDeleteYasuhide