Saturday, February 27, 2010

311 - The day I moved

On Friday, I was informed that I had to move cubes. I was horrified! Typically in my office, when people are told to move to another cube, they are likely heading out the door. Not a good sign. I was assured by more than one person in management that I was not in trouble. It was the running joke of the day though. Actually they are trying to move people around so that they are closer to their team members. Another good sign was that I was allowed to select my cube, which wasn't an option for those that have been in trouble in the past. Even with the continued talk that my job was secure, I was still upset b/c I sit around really cool group of girls. I like my neighbors and I can't imagine working in any other spot. I photographed my old cube so that I would remember it. Goodbye old cube, I will never forget the good times we shared and how much mind draining work I did in your three shabby faux walls.


After much hand wringing, I went and test drove a few cubes near my team. I ended up selecting the one below. I sacrificed counter space for a wall. This cube felt cozy. I also placed my padded file cabinet against the wall and created a sitting area so that my old neighbors could drop by and visit me.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:09 PM

    I miss you everyday!!! No one will be able to replace you. It is not the same without you!But I will be sure to come and see you when I pass by.

    -Robyn

    ReplyDelete