This weekend I had my first pinata experience. It was very interesting. Rich's family (for those that don't know, he is half Mexican) had a BBQ this weekend. I have never been to such an exciting BBQ before. The BBQ was in honor of a distant relative's 1st birthday and boy did her parents throw a party. First of all they had a big jump castle for the kids. Then there was lots of great food and a fabulous Mexican cake that was so yummy. I have never had cake like that before. I swear I gained 10 lbs. at this one family gathering. Then the highlight of the evening was the pinata beating. Two adults rigged a rope between the garage and the house, then they sat on the roof. They then swung the pinata from the rope. Kids lined up and whacked the tar out of it. Fortunately they all seemed experienced and no one ran out in the way of the wooden stick when the candy fell out. Then to my amazement, they brought out another amazing pinata. The entire event inspired me and now I'm considering purchasing a pinata for my next party. I think that you could entice participants by having it filled with mini bottles of liquor. Then each person must take a shot before they get to swing. So if you want 4 swings, you must take 4 shots. It would be highly amusing. I think it must be done before I go to Japan. 

I simply can not believe you would refer to those at the party as distant relatives? Now we know how you really feel about us…
ReplyDeleteWhat? Crystal's birthday BBQ, I would think of them as distant. Rich didn't even know their names. In fact, I bet if you asked him who the BBQ was for and the sister's names, he couldn't tell you. Now Tony and Eva's BBQ, the aren't considered distant. I know too much dirt on them for me to consider them distant. However, I don't really think that I can officialy call any of you "relative". Can I?
ReplyDeleteI am impressed you even know the little girls name, I forgot her name ten minutes into the BBQ... You can call your us family... (Tony, Eva, Makayla & Noah)!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I appreciate it.
ReplyDelete