Wednesday, June 22, 2005

My Mom


My mother's work: Slide Posted by Hello
For those of you that read "The Funniest Blog Ever", T is holding a photo contest. My mother, the photographer and now avid reader of T's blog, was very excited about the contest. She was so excited that she sent me 13 different pictures that involved his theme "circles". I reminder her that it was for fun, however the prestige of being posted on T's blog is a prize in it's own. Anyway, she asked me to choose which one to send and I could only narrow it down to about 4. I liked many of them. She ended up sending T 4 photos. I like the one that he posted. I believe that it's a metal art sunflower. You can usually find work like that at art festivals. I also like the one above; Slide. It reminds me of what it was like to be a child. You would hop into a slide and it was like a different world. The color of the plastic made it seem odd and you could count on being invisible to adults, while you were in it. It was also good for getting some shade on a hot day and you could get some good echoes out of it. My mom does really interesting work. If you are ever at my loft, you can see two pieces of hers on my walls. I'm sure that I will post more of her art in the future.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:14 PM

    I know I like them... She has a lot of talent.

    You should post the others Mercedes, Let us see! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who are you Irishman? Just curious who my blog readers are. I'll post some more photos this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:50 PM

    I'm your biggest fan! lol..

    When are we going to K-58? You figure it out yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey baby, I didn't realize I had a fan. K-58 sounds good, but it appears that my last 4 weekends are booking up fast. Maybe the last weekend before I go. Chat with you later about it.

    ReplyDelete