Friday, June 03, 2005

Rock 'n' Roll Marathon!


Me, Christina, and Erica running the 22 miler with the Rockin' n Runnin' group. We are all smiles at this point because we have only ran about 10 miles so far. Posted by Hello

So this Sunday is the marathon. We have been training since January. I can't believe that it is finally here. The most distance that I've done in my life is 22 miles and that was about 3 weeks ago. I'm really nervous and suddenly every muscle in my legs seems sore. I think it's all mental. I trained with some really great people and they will all be there on Sunday. I normally run with Erica and Christina. They have helped me get through many many runs. I owe them a big thanks. They encouraged me weekly. They also inspired me. Christina completed her grueling nursing program while training for a marathon. Erica has run 7 marathons before this and continues to train for RnR every year and raise her two young children. I don't know how either made the time to train and run so well. Those two also talked my ear off and helped me keep my mind off of the distance as we got further into the program. I couldn't have done it without them. Thanks girls!

Well I know that I will finish, however I will would like to complete the run in 4.5 hours. I just realized that I could watch 2 movies in that amount of time. Wow! Wish me luck; break a leg! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment