So, my journey to Japan started off well. I was early to the airport ahead of about 75 other JETS flying All Nippon Airlines. This photo is of a group of us waiting to check in. We are all smiles now. Shortly after this photo I arrive at the desk only to find that one bag is 14 lbs under and the other is 10 lbs over. I had to unpack in the airport and shift 10 lbs to the other bag. Crazy! The rest of the journey went well. I sat next to Will, who amused me and helped the time pass. The food was OK and we had free drinks. I didn't sleep a lick, no matter how exhausted I was. When I arrived, I then traveled 2 hours by bus to get to the hotel. We are at the Keio Plaza Hotel; pretty nice. Dinner out on the first night was oishi (yummy) and takukunai (not expensive). $20ish. Check out the photos here. Sorry this enty is short, however I've got a meeting and I've also got some jet lag. Hope to post more soon.
Sunday, July 24, 2005
Journey to Japan!
So, my journey to Japan started off well. I was early to the airport ahead of about 75 other JETS flying All Nippon Airlines. This photo is of a group of us waiting to check in. We are all smiles now. Shortly after this photo I arrive at the desk only to find that one bag is 14 lbs under and the other is 10 lbs over. I had to unpack in the airport and shift 10 lbs to the other bag. Crazy! The rest of the journey went well. I sat next to Will, who amused me and helped the time pass. The food was OK and we had free drinks. I didn't sleep a lick, no matter how exhausted I was. When I arrived, I then traveled 2 hours by bus to get to the hotel. We are at the Keio Plaza Hotel; pretty nice. Dinner out on the first night was oishi (yummy) and takukunai (not expensive). $20ish. Check out the photos here. Sorry this enty is short, however I've got a meeting and I've also got some jet lag. Hope to post more soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad you made it safe and sound. The photos look good. I made cha soba today to help you celebrate. What kind of compu did you get?
ReplyDeleteO genki ni
Hi Mercedes..
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear the trip was safe and you sound like you are having a good time... I'm sure you're a bit overwhelmed...
Nice pics!
Looks like you're already having a lot of fun! Man, even the plane food looks oishi...
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete