A picture of JC or at least a picture of what the masses believe he looks like.
So my co-worker Matt Potter sent me this link. It's a really funny story about the teenage diary of Jesus Christ. If you are a seriously religious and conservative person, don't read it. You won't find it humorous because you can't suspend your belief for half a second to enjoy the article. I have a hard time understanding serious religious people. They believe whole heartedly in a story that involves a virgin having a child. No one would believe that would actually happen today. Also these religious fanatics make no room for other religions and believe that only they have the true and correct religion like it's the only possible answer. I really have nothing against religion, I believe that many people need it in their life. It helps many people be good and it's a nice social outlet. I just have a hard time believing that you can do really bad things and confess your sins and get into heaven, yet you can lead an amazingly good life helping people and not believe and go to "hell". That's backwards and I really want no part of it. Also if this is true, party it up and be selfish and then on your death bed confess your sins. My personal experiences has led me to see the hypocrisy in it all. Believe what you want! That's my religion; to each his own, just don't shove it down my throat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

How come you don't have a similar link for Islam and the Prophet Mohammad??
ReplyDelete"Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever is not kind has no faith." (Muslim)
"If you do not feel ashamed of anything, then you can do whatever you like." (Abu-Masud: Bukhari)
I hope that you read the post completely. My link isn't to convert readers to Christianity. In fact the link is a funny made up story about JC's teenage years and many conservative Christians would probably tell me that I am going to hell for even joking about JC. I am definitely not pushing one religion over any other. In fact, my post should have informed you that I am somewhat religion-less. I believe in humanity and people. I love the quote that you posted, "Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever is not kind has not faith." I do believe this, however my faith is in myself and people in general. I have faith that overall, the majority of people in all religions, beliefs, and cultures have a desire to have peace and get along. I have faith in that.
ReplyDelete