Monday, August 08, 2005

Bon voyage Julie!


After going to the Wakayama city festival on Saturday, Sarah and I headed over to a going away party for Julie. Julie is the girl in the middle of the photo on the left. Click here for photos. Julie is a JET that is leaving Japan for the lovely country of France. She is really from Canada, however there is a good opportunity waiting for her in Europe. I just met her a week ago and she is so nice. She is a friend of Amy, my predecessor (Amy is the girl in the red shirt with the 7 on it in the photo album). I have met some really great girls, however they are all leaving. That is a bummer :-( They will eventually be replaced by new people, however I'm sure that they won't be as cool. The party was held at a really great bar just around the corner from my house. Nice to know I have a short walk home. We later headed over to karyoke and was out singing until 3ish. This time I was tricked into singing; Madonna of course! A fun time was had by all. Sayanora Julie!

Side note; Rich asked for photos of my apartment. I've decided that my mission this week is to do one better and take some pics of my town. I realized during a run yesterday that my town is surrounded by mountains and a nice large river runs by it. I will post about my apartment and town soon. Also I've been in contact with Ai (for those that don't know her; she use to work with me). I will be visiting her in late September. So I will have a post about my journey to see Ai and my extended family in Tokyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment