
Gomennasai is I'm sorry in Japanese. I am very sorry that I haven't blogged in over a week. Life here in Nippon has been very very hectic. Last week I took an intensive Japanese language course. Imagine spending about 7-8 hours a day focusing on absorbing as much of a foreign language as humanly possible. Then when you leave class, you are still surrounded by the sounds, letters, and noise that you can barely understand. I swear my brain was mush after class each day. It was so good, but so overwhelming. Also it was Amy, my predecessors last week in Japan. So I spent sometime with her before she left today. I really just didn't have time to make it into the internet cafe. Work, class, drinking, there was absolutely no time for blogging! So now today, a month after my arrival, I have internet in my house. I promise to blog more frequently and keep in touch. Having internet is such a handy convenience that I seriously took for granted in the states. I now am very thankful for the little things; internet being one of them. Grant it the internet is a luxury and not a necessity. I just believe that it has become more of a necessity this past month. So look for posts about my clubbing adventure in Osaka, the big giant parfait, and some other random images. Side note; I did read my first sign today. Typically I can read the letters/sounds, but then I have to look up the meaning. Outside of one of the many vending machines the sign read tobeko. Meaning tobacco b/c it was above a cigarette machine. Boy I'm on my way to cracking this language barrier.
AWESOME!! I'm so proud of you doin' what you're doin! And take advantage of everything out there, it seriously is a once in a lifetime thing.
ReplyDeleteI agree Mercedes... You're truly embracing every opportunity over there and I'm incredibly jealous.
ReplyDeleteIf anyone can crack that language barrier it'll be you.. stay on it!
Thanks boys! Everyday I venture to speak more and get understood. Today I even was able to get a shopping card; where I earn back money. Filled out the very simple application with help from the clerk. But that was cool b/c she spoke no English, so I felt good about it.
ReplyDelete