Wednesday, August 10, 2005

My Apartment

As requested by Rich, I have photographed my apartment. Please remember that I haven't been here that long, so it doesn't have a lot of decor yet. It is small, yet cozy. I added descriptions to all of the pictures, so you should get an understanding of what my place looks like. Click here to view the album. I will also say that I have been to 2 other JETS apartments and I unfortunately lost the apartment lottery. Both live in much smaller towns than I do, so they don't have the luxuries of an internet cafe, McDonalds, KFC (not that I partake in either), or a 100 yen store (a much better version of the Dollar Store). They both however do have huge apartments. Sarah's kitchen is the size of my living room. Her balcony is twice mine. That's OK, just more to clean. I also don't have to go to work all day long like some of the other JETS do. They go and sit at their board of education for 8 hours a day and do nothing. I'm pretty lucky in that respect.

I noticed that many of you have viewed the photo albums (Kodak tells me who has viewed them). I really appreciate the time and attention that you are giving my blog. I like to take the photos and I am glad that many of you are actually looking at them. I will get out and about and photograph my town soon so everyone can see how neat it is. Iwade really is big and pretty nice. I basically live in a good size suburb.

I will post again soon, I have quite a bit planned, so I will have a lot to report on. I plan on going dancing in Osaka on Friday night and then to Koya-san for the candle festival on Saturday. I hope everyone is well and drop me a personal e-mail if you have anything that you want to share with me. Later.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:04 AM

    Those pictures are great Mercedes... I love 'em. What an interesting little apartment you have. The Japanese certainly don't waste any space do they? :o)

    You have some stunning views from your balcony... almost as good as mine... lol.

    Hope you're having a good week so far and remember.. nobody likes a slouching godzira! Walk tall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:22 AM

    Yay- I've been waiting for these! You did a great job with the photos and descriptions- we can really get a good idea of how the whole place is laid out and what it looks like. It's such a cute little apartment- I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:00 AM

    Ah man! Those are awesome! My guess is you won't fit in the tub >). I know I didn't. Live it up out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't yet tried the tub, but I bet that I just barely fit. I'm glad that so many of you like the place. I bought a few items this weekend to make it even more cozy; curtain for the shower door in the living room and a rug. At least with such a small space, I don't have to worry about spending too much money on decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:04 PM

    Your pics make me want tatami rooms! And I love Japanese tubs (great for people 5' and under) I also think that we should all have those toilets with the sink to save water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That place is HUGE! I was expecting a one room something or other!

    ReplyDelete