Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I'm OK!


Typhoon Nabi struck Japan on Tuesday. Click here for CNN report. I'm sure many of my US family and friends didn't even realize that a typhoon was heading my way, especially with all of the horrible Katrina news. Well, it actually hit parts of Japan and then skirted north of me. I did however incur very heavy winds and some rain. My doors rattled for most of the night. I ended up securing everything very tight and wedging Kleenex into the door where it rattled. This morning our town had a typhoon alert and a supervising teacher called me to tell me to stay home until further instruction. So I am sitting at home at 12:40 in the afternoon, surfing the internet and doing laundry. The sun is shining and there is still a little bit of a crazy breeze blowing. I'm getting cabin fever and just want to go out and play. I think it's totally safe now and that I have been forgotten about. Sure enough as soon as I leave, they will call me into work.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:38 AM

    Well at least you got to stay home. I think all of us out this way have to go to work even in a typhoon. Bummer huh?

    Stu

    PS Thanks for your comments in my LJ. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:47 AM

    I'm glad to hear the Typhoon didn't wash you away....

    and you're right... There wasn't any coverage of it that I saw.. we here in San Diego at least are deluged with Katrina coverage.

    Hope you escaped and had some fun on your "free" day.. :o)

    Oh also.... great pics of the fire dancing... I really liked them.. Looks like daughter may have some of mother's talent?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mother won't appreciate that. She is the superior photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:02 PM

    Yikes - I'm glad you're okay, Mercedes. I better call my parents and see if my relatives in Kyushu are okay...

    ReplyDelete