Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Kawaii Shougakkou

My first day at an elementary school was a big success. I went to Negoro Elementary School today. I loved it so much. The kids were so cute and so excited to see me. It was like I had celebrity status. I attended four classes today and basically introduced myself. The students call me Sedesu-san. It's phonetically easier than Mercedes. Besides Sedes is what my sister calls me, so it's not a real far stretch from my name. I had such an amazing time. I even ate lunch with some students and went outside for recess. I actually jumped rope with some girls. I don't think that I've done that since I was in the 4th grade. It was Africa hot, but so much fun that I continued to play. Too bad I won't see them again until early October. Well the photos were taken with my cell phone, so they aren't that clear. Above are some girls jumping rope.
Can you believe that they are playing on unicycles! This wouldn't be allowed in America in fear of getting sued if a student got injured. It was like a circus act. They balance amazingly well and it's so entertaining.
These girls were obsessed with trying to talk to me and look at my phone. They followed me everywhere. Very funny and kawaii.
This girl was adorable. I had her in class and she just smiles all the time. I was so impressed with her riding ability. Can't wait to go back to Negoro Elementary School.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:16 AM

    Very nice. Elementary kids are always so full of energy. Very fun.

    Be careful during cold season, though--they turn into cute little disease-ridden snotbags who still wanna touch and climb and ooze on you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:07 AM

    True... it'll be like your back in the bars at San Diego!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:57 PM

    Hey wait a minute... Not ALL the bar in San Diego are like that...

    Hmm... well..

    ReplyDelete