Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Nuts for Nachi!

First let me apologize for not posting in a few days. I've been away on a trip. We had a three day weekend, so I utilized it by attending a WAJET function; trip to Nachi Falls. Nachi Falls is in the southern most area of Wakayama. It's about a 5 hour train ride one way for me. Nachi Falls is the largest waterfall in Japan, so being a science dork, I couldn't pass up a chance to go explore nature and culture at the same time. Overall I had a blast and would encourage everyone to take a trip to Nachi at least once. So much happened on the trip that I will just provide a summary of events. 5:42 AM train trip with Sarah, drizzle all day, hike down to Nachi, take tons of photos and play with the camera settings, hike up at least a thousand steps to visit a shrine and temple, wedding at the shrine, tree with a man size hole you can walk through, amazing views, getting naked at the onsen and not having to pay for it, weighing down Rainier's car so that the tires rubbed, waiting for a ride with Stu for at least an hour, yaku soba, campfire, skinny dipping in the ocean in the middle of the night, people screaming "Shit Head!" in the wee hours of the morning, spider the size of a baseball in the bathroom with me, me screaming because of the spider, egg in a basket, exploring the beach with Corri and Sarah, another naked event at another onsen, naked older Japanese woman trying to converse with me in the onsen "Wakaranai???", chicken curry and nan, 5 hour train ride home with really cool people. Well that about covers it. Photo of Nachi Falls in the background on the right with a pagoda in the foreground. I believe this is a postcard worthy shot.
Part of the Nachi group. In total 17 of us went on this adventure. Click here to see more photos. WARNING!! There are many photos in this album; maybe 100. Just thought you should know before you viewed them. I did add some comments to the ones that I felt were worthy of comments.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:27 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:48 AM

    Very cool photos, only I was hoping to see the baseball sized spider.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:09 AM

    Very cool! It's so great that you have the opportunity to travel and visit so many places! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:09 PM

    Great pics Benz.. :o) I agree with anonymous... where's the big spider's pic? You should have thought while screaming in abject terror to run and get your camera to immortalize the moment... lol.

    What a cool place... Looks very interesting.

    Glad to see you're ranging farther from home and exploring the country.

    See you in less than a month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:56 AM

    The picture of Nachi falls and the pagoda is really beautiful. And I'm glad you didn't post a picture of the spider - that would have haunted my every waking hour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:56 AM

    Those pictures are awesome! I love the one where you're eatin' up the waterfall, and especially the one of the happy fat hotte... Dare to dream...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:27 PM

    Hi Mercedes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:27 PM

    Hi Mercedes. It is me German from San Diego. Just wanted to say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:37 AM

    Hey Mercedes,
    I just managed to check out your update from Nachi. I have to say GREAT pictures dear! It was definitely worth the 5 hour train ride home eh?
    Your Canada-jin pal from the Koyaguchi
    ;)

    ReplyDelete